50 Ways To Boost Your Brain Power
I just came across an article and decided to share it with you guys. This will help you think faster, improve the memory and comprehend information better. Hope it'll be useful))
1. Solve puzzles and brainteasers.
2. Use your non-dominant hand to brush your teeth, comb your hair or use the mouse. Write with both hands simultaneously. Switch hands for knife and fork.
3. Block one or more senses. Eat blindfolded, wear earplugs, shower with your eyes closed.
4. Learn mind mapping. A mind map is a graphical way to represent ideas and concepts. It is a visual thinking tool that helps structuring information, helping you to better analyze, comprehend, synthesize, recall and generate new ideas.
5. Develop comparative tasting. Learn to properly taste wine, chocolate, beer, cheese or anything else.
6. Go beyond the first, ‘right’ answer.
7. Transpose reality. Ask “What if?” questions.
8. Learn logic. Solve logic puzzles.
9. Draw. Doodle. You don’t need to be an artist.
10. Think positive.
11. Engage in arts — sculpt, paint, play music — or any other artistic endeavor.
12. Learn to juggle.
14. Sit up straight.
15. Drink lots of water.
18. Vary activities. Get a hobby.
19. Sleep well.
20. Power nap.
21. Play chess or other board games.
22. Spell long words backwards. !gnignellahC
23. Write! Write a story, poetry, start a blog.
24. Learn a musical instrument.
25. Visit a museum.
26. Study how the brain works.
27. Memorize people's names.
28. Turn off the TV.
29. Improve your concentration.
30. Change the speed of certain activities. Go either super-slow or super-fast deliberately.
31. Do one thing at a time.
32. Put yourself in someone else’s shoes. How would different people think or solve your problems? How would a fool tackle it?
33. Adopt an attitude of contemplation.
34. Take time for solitude and relaxation.
35. Commit yourself to lifelong learning.
36. Travel abroad. Learn about different lifestyles.
37. Adopt a genius :D
38. Get competitive.
39. Don’t stick with only like-minded people. Have people around that disagree with you.
41. Collect quotes.
42. Change the media you’re working on. Use paper instead of the computer; voice recording instead of writing.
43. Develop your reading skill. Reading effectively is a skill. Master it.
44. Summarize books.
45. Develop self-awareness.
46. Try different perfumes and scents.
47. Mix your senses. How much does the color pink weigh? How does lavender scent sound?
48. Debate! Defend an argument. Try taking the opposite side, too.
49. Take different routes each day. Change the streets you follow to work, jog or go back home.
50. Be curious!